Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Phone calls and information

I called the clinic with my start day yesterday. The IVF nurse emailed me my personal IVF schedule. It had been so hyped up, I was expecting a fount of knowledge. Instead it was just a single piece of paper with 9 dates filled in. . .

Your menses began on 6/1
Begin birth control pills on 6/3
You and your husband will begin a Z-pak by 6/8
Begin 10 units of Lupron every morning on 6/17
Last birth control pill on 6/22
Schedule "suppression check" for 6/25 or 6/26
Begin FSH on ~6/27
Estradiol level and ultrasound on ~7/1 & 7/3
Your egg retrieval will be the week of 7/6

We had received an example calender in a packet way back in January when IVF was first prescribed to us, so almost none of the above is a big shocker. I have been mulling over the "your egg retrieval will be the week of 7/6" one. Hubby's schedule is very very difficult. He has to bid for July by June 15th. I wonder if "your egg retrieval will be the week of 7/6" will change due to our IVF nurse getting married on 6/30 and going on honeymoon or due to the 4th of July holiday. Oh well, no use to worry. Hubby is prepared to just call in sick, if need be.

IVF nurse CIQ also told me that she was calling my drugs into Village Fertility Pharmacy. I didn't really have much say in the pharmacy choice. I am sure that I could have researched it and pushed for one over another but I didn't, so I just went with the flow.

The pharmacy left a voice mail message while I was working. I called them back on my drive home. Almost rear ended a bus trying to read the numbers off my insurance card to them! Finally just gave up and pulled over. Supposedly some drugs, like lupron and progesterone injections, have other uses than for fertility and in some cases insurance might pay for them. My fingers are crossed but my breath is not held. The lady on the phone couldn't give me a price estimate until they ran it through my insurance, but she gladly took my credit card and told me they would bill it for any uncovered cost. The drugs are supposed to be here no later than 9 pm on Friday. (I have a hand written list of what they are sending but I my spelling is horrible, so I think I will wait until the package arrives to detail the list.)

2 comments:

Once Upon A Time said...

Good luck with the insurance coverage... I hope you are pleasantly surprised. It looks like your IVF is about 2 weeks behind me... I can't wait to read all the details!

Courtney said...

Thanks so much for your comment and for providing your timeline! I will hopefully receive my timeline next week so it helps to have at least an idea of what to expect. I will be following along with you as well. I'll be praying for you and I hope you get your BFP soon!