Thursday, June 11, 2009

The cost of IVF (part II)

About a month ago I wrote a post that contained the detailed estimated cost of our upcoming IVF. Rather than reinventing the wheel, I am just going to link to it here http://butamoment-breath.blogspot.com/2009/05/cost-of-ivf.html and summarize by saying that I had calculated the bottom line at $13,611.00 for everything, including drugs, ICSI, storage, and a 5 day transfer but excluding assisted hatching.

With the recent cost estimate from the pharmacy and the clinic's financial manager calling this morning requesting the actual payment this afternoon (don't get me started about how she got the amounts wrong the first time we spoke and I had to call her back and ask her to correct her numbers---GRRR!), I thought I should update my blog with a new estimate. I now estimate the cost of this IVF at $12,272.98.

Starting with my previous estimate, here is how I got my new number. . . .

Previously estimated cost of IVF 13,611.00
Previously estimated pharmacy cost (3,500)
Currently estimated pharmacy cost 2,311.98
Insemination of oocytes (included in the cost of ICSI) (150.00)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, congrats! $1,400 cheaper is nothing to sneeze at :)